Recently, I was on this low carb diet and wanted a change from all the healthy salads (also yummy) that i was munching on. I was looking up at a few healthy pins when i found a recipe curated by Kevin curry (fit men cook) and decided to tweak it a little and make it the way i want to.
This recipe is super easy, super duper yum and the best part – IT IS LOW CARB!
Since it was a low carb meal, I decided to pair it up with cauliflower rice. But, my dad loved it with white rice, so try it out and let me know in the comments below.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Chicken thighs or legs – 4
Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Olive oil – 1 table spoon
Garlic – 3 cloves (minced)
dried herbs – 3 Tablespoon
Vegetable broth – 1/2 cup
Sun dried tomato – 1/3 cup (chopped)
Coconut milk – 1 cup (or heavy cream – doesn’t make it low carb)
Coriander – 2 Tablespoon
Steamed Cauliflower rice – For serving
- Season the chicken on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat and add the chicken when the pan is hot.
- Sear the chicken for 3-5 minutes. Remove the chicken and transfer it onto a plate.
- On a medium low heat, add the mixed herbs and saute for 2-3 minutes till they are fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth, sun dried tomatoes and coconut milk. Season with the remaining salt and pepper, simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and let it nestle into the sauce.
- Transfer the pan into a preheated oven at 180 degrees C, for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes till it is cooled.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with steamed Cauliflower rice.
If you prefer the gravy to be a little thicker, let it boil on the gas for another minute or so before putting it into the over.
This is my version of Kevin Curry’s dish. I hope you find this tasty.
Stay tuned for more!