Chicken, creamy goodness and rice. One of my favorite combinations. This dish is a simple and quick made one, and all you need is a skillet, some amazing Parmesan cheese and chicken.
Let’s get into it!
Yields : 4
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 35 Minutes
Chicken (curry cut) – 1/2 kg
Salt (for the chicken) – 2 Teaspoons
Pepper (for the chicken) – 1 Teaspoon
Olive oil – 1 Tablespoon
Garlic – 4 Cloves (Finely chopped)
Onion – 1 Small (diced)
Tomato – 1 (diced)
Spinach – 2 cups
Heavy cream – 2 cups
Parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup (grated)
Dried herbs – 2 Teaspoon
Salt & pepper – as per taste , if required
White rice/ Cauliflower rice / Spaghetti – to serve
- Heat the oil in a skillet or a pan over medium low heat and place the seasoned chicken and cook for 20 mins till it is golden brown on all sides. Flip the chicken half way and turn it to the other side.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a clean plate.
- Add the garlic and onion in the pan and let it cook in the chicken fat. Keep stirring till the onion is translucent.
- Next, add the tomato and spinach and keep stirring till the spinach is wilted.
- Add the heavy cream and let it boil. At this stage, you can also add salt and pepper if required.
- Add the cheese and 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs, stir till the sauce thickens.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and spoon the sauce on top of the chicken.
- Garnish with 1 teaspoon of Mixed dried herbs, and serve with white rice, cauliflower rice or Spaghetti.
I saw this recipe first on the tasty website and I immediately knew that I had to make a similar version of it.
Try it out and let me know!
Stay tuned for more.