A breakfast dish I’m very much found of. It has a lot of elements which may seem very tedious but the end result is worth it. Just the aesthetic look of this dish will make you drool.
So, Eggs Benedict has 4 elements. You could obviously play around with it and make it your version but for now lets learn how to make a basic eggs Benedict.
Yields : 2
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time : 15 Minutes
Total time : 25 Minutes
English muffin – 2 slices
Mayo – 1 Tablespoon
Egg ( for poaching) – 2
Salami/ Ham slices – 4
Egg yolk – 2
Lemon juice – 1 Tablespoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 pinch
Butter (melted) – 1/2 cup
I’ll be taking y’all through the recipe layer by layer just the way we’re going to serve it.
1. Take two slices of an English muffin – https://raocancook.in/2020/07/23/breakfast-english-muffins/ (how to make english muffins). Toast the inner side of the muffin for 5 mins on the pan and then smear the mayo on the toasted side.
2. Next, we cook the Salami or the Ham. I usually just heat them on the pan, but you could could put them in the over at 200 deg c for about 5 minutes. Lay the cooked meet on top of the muffin slices.
3. Poaching the eggs: This is the tough part of the whole recipe.
– Over a medium flame, heat a pot of water. With a wooden spoon, make a swirl in the water in the same direction.
– Quickly add one egg into the swirling water, cover and cook for around 3 minutes.
– Remove egg from water and set it aside, before assembling. (Keep it on the tissue so that the water is absorbed) (My second poached egg fell apart. Keep practicing.)
4. HOLLANDAISE SAUCE – Lastly, we’re going to make the creamy Hollandaise.
– Add the egg yolks in a blender and pulse a few seconds.
– Add the lemon juice, salt, chilli powder and run the blender.
– While the blender is running slowly add the melted butter and continue to blend until the mixture colour lightens.
– Assemble and pour the Hollandaise sauce on top of the poached eggs.
– Top it of which either, pepper or chives or parsley.
The creamy sauce gets all the elements together and creates a brilliant breakfast.
I hope you guys loved this recipe.
Stay tuned for more!