LO MEIN is a noodle dish. It’s super easy that you will forget about any takeout chinese noodles. Super quick and gives an authentic chinese flavour. You can substitute the Prawns with any other meat and I’m sure it will be a hit.
Yields : 5
Preparation time : 20 Minutes (Excluding time for marination)
Cooking time : 15 Minutes
Total time : 35 Minutes
Wheat noodles – 1 1/2 Packets
Carrot – 1 (small), cut into 2 inch sticks
Green Capsicum – 1, Sliced
Red Capsicum – 1, Sliced
Green chillis – 5, Sliced
Green Onions (Spring Onions) – 5, cut into 2 inches lenghtwise
Garlic – 5 Cloves finely chopped
Green Onion (Bulbs) – 5, Sliced into rings
Prawns marinade :
King Prawns – 20, cleaned
Soy sauce – 2 Tablespoon
Sugar (brown or white) – 1/2 Teaspoon
Cornflour – 1/2 Teaspoon
Lo Mein Sauce :
Soy Sauce – 3 Tablespoon
Chilli sauce – 1 Tablespoon
Habanero Sauce – 1 Tablespoon
Sesame oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Marinade the prawns before you start cooking the noodles. In a bowl add, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour. Mix it all together with the prawns . Keep it to chill in the fridge till you start cooking.
- Mix all the ingredients of the Lo mein sauce in a bowl and keep it ready.
- Next, Cook the wheat noodles as per the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain the water and spread some oil in it to prevent the cooked noodles from sticking to each other. Set aside.
- Take a wok or a large pot. Add oil and get ready to cook the vegetables.
- We will be cooking the vegetables that take alot of time to cook first. When the wok is hot, add the bulbs and carrots and keep tossing it in the wok. Toss them for a few seconds.
- Next, add the green and red capsicum and toss them in the wok with the other vegetables for a few seconds. Take them out of the wok and keep them aside.
- In the same wok, add some oil and add the marinated prawns. Cook the prawns till each side turns brown and is cooked through. Take them out of the wok.
- In the same oil, add the garlic and when it becomes fragrant add the prawns back.
- When the prawns are thoroughly mixed with the garlic, add the cooked noodles and the lo mein sauce. Give it a good mix till the sauce is mixed with every noodle.
- Add the cooked veggies into the noodles as well and toss it nicely.
- Turn off the heat and add the soft vegetables like the green onions.
- The remaining heat will cook the green onions.
- Serve hot.
I hope you liked this recipe.
Stay tuned for me.