Homemade potstickers are the easiest appetizers that will come out of your kitchen. It has a similarity with other dishes like momos and dimsum but the only difference is the method of cooking.
Yields : 30 Potstickers Preparation time: 30 Minutes Cooking time: 15 Minutes Total time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients for Potstickers:
Chicken breast – 2 (minced)
Green cabbage – 1/2
Onions – 2 (large, finely chopped)
Green chilies – 4 (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves – 5 (finely chopped)
Salt – 1/2 Tablespoon
Pepper – 1/2 Tablespoon
Sesame oil – 1/2 Tablespoon
Vinegar – 1/2 Tablespoon
Soy Sauce – 1/2 Tablespoon
Flour – 3 cups
Water – 1 cup (cold)
Salt – 1/2 Teaspoon
Cooking oil – 2 Tablespoon
Parchment paper Chicken broth – 1 cup
Dried red chillies – 5
Tomatoes – 3
Garlic cloves – 4
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Ginger – 1 Teaspoon
Soy sauce – 1 Teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 Teaspoon
1. First we’ll make the potsticker wrappers.
Add the flour and salt in a bowl and mix it with a fork. Next add the oil and water and form it into a nice and soft dough. Knead it till the dough is formed. Keep it aside to rest for a while.
2. Next we will start making the filling for the Potstickers. Mince the chicken breasts. Keep it aside in a large bowl.
3. Put the cabbage in a mixer and make sure it is grinded into smaller pieces. (You could also finely chop it). Put all the cabbage into a sieve and sprinkle a pinch of salt on it. This removes all the excess water from the cabbage. Make sure you keep the cabbage for 5 minutes in the sieve before pressing it with a spoon to take out the water.
4. Add chopped garlic, onions and green chilli in the bowl with the chicken. Add the cabbage into the same bowl.
5. Next, add salt, pepper, vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce in the bowl and mix all the ingredients of the filling thoroughly. Keep it to chill for a while.
6. Take the potsticker wrappers dough. Make it into 30 balls. Roll them into flat circular wrappers and keep it on the parchment paper until filling it and cooking it.
7. Take a 1/4 teaspoon of the filling, place it on the wrapper and shape it. You can fold the wrapper into a semi circle with the filling it and use a fork to seal the Potsticker.
8. In a pan, heat oil and then add a few Potstickers in it once the oil is hot. Add a spoon or two of the chicken broth before covering the pan.
9. Cook the Potstickers until brown on both sides.
10. While the Potstickers are cooking we’ll be making the sauce.
11. Soak the red chillies in hot water while chopping all the vegetables.
12. Make a plus sign on the tomatoes (this will make it easier to peel the cooked tomatoes.
13. Heat water in a pot and add the tomatoes and chillies and cover it till the water boils.
14. Take out the tomatoes and chillies once boiled and peel off and chop the tomatoe
15. Heat oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic and ginger. Let the raw smell go before adding the chopped tomatoes and the chillies. Cook for 2 minutes.
16. Next, add soy sauce and salt and stir for a minute before taking it off heat.
17. Let it cool before grinding it into a sauce.
18. Enjoy while the Potstickers are hot!
Hope you liked this recipe. Stay tuned to know more!