My favorite part about a burrito bowl is that it can be made into a nutritious meal or it can be a quick whip with all your leftovers. I didn’t make a very healthy and nutritious bowl but I actually tried used whatever I had left in my kitchen but I still made sure included some classic Mexican flavors. (Didn’t really get to click some good pictures but I was drooling even while cooking)
This recipe has a lot of elements and you yourself can add whatever you want. I went with a few basics like Mexican rice. some chicken and avocado.
Yields – 4
Preparation time – 15 Minutes
Cooking time – 40 Minutes
Total time – 55 Minutes
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Chicken Broth – 3 Cups
Salsa – 1/2 cup
Kidney beans (Or black beans) – 1/2 cup (cooked)
Garlic – 3 – 4 cloves (Finely chopped)
Salt and pepper
Oil – 2 Tablespoons
Chicken Breasts – 2 (Each cut into two slices)
Chilli Powder – 2 Tablespoons
Jeera Powder – 2 Tablespoons
Coriander Powder – 2 Tablespoons
Pepper – 2 Tablespoons
Garam Masala – 2 Tablespoons
Salt – 2 Teaspoons
Oil – 2 Teaspoons
- Mexican Rice: In a deep pan, add oil. Once the oil is heated, add the salsa, the powders and mix it well. Next add the soaked rice and let the rice toast well with the salsa.
- Once the rice has slightly toasted add the beans. Mix the beans well so that the salsa has evenly spread to the beans.
- Add the chicken broth and let it simmer till the rice is fully cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, add chilli, jeera, coriander, garam masala and pepper powder to the chicken breasts and cook it on a pan with oil. Flip it when one side is nicely cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take it off heat and let it rest while the Mexican rice is cooked well.
- Make sure you either slice or cube the chicken breasts once cooked.
- Take a bowl, add the cooked Mexican Rice, Add the chicken breasts beside it,some crumbled nachos, cheese and avocado.
- You can store this and have it any time of day. One bowl is filling enough,
I hope you guys liked this recipe!
Stay tuned for more.