Mexican cuisine has to start with one of the best dishes that ever exists. YES, TACOS.
I’ve always had a liking towards soft shell tacos over hard shell tacos.
This recipe is super easy if you just follow the recipe diligently. Top it with seasoning of your choice and make sure you eat it hot!
Yields: 6 Tacos
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 Hour
All purpose flour – 2 Cups
Baking powder – 1 Teaspoon
Water – 3/4 Cup
Butter – 1/3 Cup
Salt – 1/2 Teaspoon
Chicken Breasts – 2 (Chopped into cubes)
Chilli Powder – 1 Tablespoon
Jeera Powder – 1 Tablespoon
Coriander Powder – 1 Tablespoon
Pepper – 1 Tablespoon
Garam Masala – 1 Tablespoon
Salt – 1 Teaspoon
Oil – 2 Teaspoon
Tomato – 1 (Cubed)
Onion – 1 (Finely chopped)
Lemon Juice – 1 Tablespoon
Garlic – 4 cloves (finely chopped)
Avocado – 1 (Sliced/Chopped)
Green chilli or Jalapenos – 3 (Chopped)
Salt and Pepper – As required
- First make the tortilla: In a bowl add flour, salt and baking powder and mix it with a fork. Then add the butter and water and form it into a dough. Knead it well till it is soft. It should not be sticky. If sticky add a little flour.
- Once the dough is kneaded cut them into 6 balls and roll them into a circle the size of your palm/ the size of a taco.
- Heat a pan and once it’s moderately hot keep the tortilla on it (Without any oil) and flip it when it cooks and has some brown spots. Don’t let it cook for too long or else it’ll end up being really hard.
- Keep the cooked tortilla’s wrapped in a cloth so that it remains soft.
- Next we’ll make the Chicken. In a bowl, add all the chicken pieces and all the powders and mix properly. Take a fork and make holes in all the cubes.
- Heat a pan or a skillet. Add oil and once the oil is heated add the chicken cubes. Cook it for 15 Minutes while occasionally flipping them. Take them off heat once cooked. You can garnish is with any herbs as per taste.
- Salsa: Chop all the vegetables as mentioned. Add them in a bowl and add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix it well. Add the sliced avocado and give a little mix.
- Assembly: Take a taco tortilla, add some cubes of chicken. Next, add the salsa and garnish is with a little lime and cilantro.
- Make sure you have these soft shell tacos while they are warm.
I hope you guys liked this recipe!
Stay tuned for more.