Spicy Thai Basil Chicken is one of the dishes I was dying to cook. And this dish is basically what inspired me to do the whole Thai Cuisine Menu.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Chicken thighs – 3 (coarsely chopped)
Chicken Broth – 1 Cup
Soy Sauce – 1 Tablespoon
Fish Sauce – 2 Teaspoons
Sweet and chilli sauce – 1 Tablespoon
Sriracha Sauce – 1 Tablespoon
Brown Sugar – 1 Teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 Tablespoons
Onion – 1 Finely chopped
Garlic – 5 cloves
Thai Chilies – 2 Tablespoons
Basil Leaves – 1 Cup finely chopped
Cooked rice – To serve with
1. Whisk the chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, sweet and chilli sauce, sriracha sauce and brown sugar in a bowl together.
2. In a large pan, heat oil. Add the coarsely chopped chicken and cook it for 2-3 minutes until the rawness goes. Add the onion, garlic and thai chilies. Cook until the juice from the ingredients start caramelizing. After 5 minutes, add 1 tablespoon of the sauce mixture and let it caramelize for a minute or two.
3. Pour the rest of the sauce and cook until the sauce has deglazed in the bottom of the pan. Keep it on heat for another 2 minutes and then remove it from heat.
4. Stir in the chopped basil. Stir until the Basil is wilts.
5. Make sure you eat when it’s hot.
6. Serve with rice.
I hope you liked this recipe!
Stay tuned for more.